Basic Services of the Funeral Director and Staff: $1795.00
Our fee for the services of the funeral director and staff includes, but is not limited to, staff responding to the initial request for service, arrangement conference with the family or responsible party, arrangement of funeral, preparation and filing of necessary authorizations and permits, recording vital statistics, preparation and placement of obituary notices, filing insurance
claims, staff assistance prior to, during and following the funeral, including coordination with those providing other services related to the funeral, e.g. ministers, cemetery, crematory, florist and others. Also included in these charges are overhead expenses relative to our facility such as insurance, maintenance and utility expenses, secretarial and administrative costs, and equipment and inventory costs. This fee for our basic services and overhead will be added to the total cost of the funeral arrangements you select. (This fee is already included in our charges for direct cremation, immediate burials, and forwarding or receiving remains.)
Except in certain special cases, embalming is not required by law. Embalming may be necessary, however, if you select certain funeral arrangements, such as a funeral with viewing or you are to be placed in the tomb for the winter after the cemetery closes for the winter. If you do not want embalming, you usually have the right to choose an arrangement that does not require you to pay for it, such as direct cremation or immediate burial.
Probate Charge $350.00
This will be added to any service that must be probated thru the court.
Other Preparation of the Body
- A. Includes cosmetology, hairdressing, dressing and casketing $205.00
- B. Washing and disinfection when no embalming $150.00
- C. Hermetically-sealed pouch $250.00
- D. Special care after autopsy $170.00
- E. Restoration due to trauma $180.00
- F. Color restoration for green services $350.00
Use of Facilities, Staff and Equipment for:
- *Viewing/Visitation $650.00
This includes set up of visitation area, placement of floral arrangements, and services of Funeral Director and staff for 4 hours.
Each additional hour is $150.00.
- *Private Visitation $350.00
This includes set up of visitation area, placement of floral arrangements and services of Funeral Director and staff for 2 hours.
Each additional hour is $150.00.
- Funeral Ceremony $425.00
This includes coordinating the funeral ceremony in our facility.
- Memorial Service $425.00
This includes coordinating the memorial service in our facility.
- Graveside /Committal service $425.00
This includes our Funeral Director and staff for the Graveside /Committal service at the cemetery of your choice.
- Church Service $425.00
This includes our Funeral Director and staff for the church service at the church of your choice.
- Disinterment $900.00
This includes services of the Funeral Director for the disinterment and obtaining of necessary permits.
- Temporary Storage $30.00 per day
This includes use of refrigeration when there is an extended period of time before final disposition.
- Use of Facility for luncheon after the service $150.00
*All of our calling hours include refreshments, complements of the Michaud Funeral Home
Body Donation to Medical School of One’s Choice $700.00
Cremation of bodies over 290 lb. $540.00 (This includes a $60.00 fee for the medical examiner)
- A. Transfer of remains to the funeral home $320.00 (From Boston hospital or airport add $260.00)
- B. Use of hearse and driver $375.00
- C. Use of flower van/lead van $185.00
- D. Service Van $185.00
All Vehicles – Beyond 20 miles add $2.70 per mile
Forwarding Remains to Another Funeral Home
This includes the removal, embalming, filing of all necessary paperwork and necessary authorizations, and local transportation to the Boston airport.
- A. With minimum shipping container $2950.00
- B. With casket selected from our funeral home* $2850.00
*(This cost is in addition to the cost of the casket and includes the cost the Air Tray required by the airlines.)
Receiving of Remains from Another Funeral Home $2950.00
This includes temporary shelter of the remains, transportation from the Boston Airport and transportation to the local cemetery and necessary services of the Funeral Director and staff. This does not include necessary cash advances, e.g. cemetery fees, Clergy or Vaults.
Coordination Fee $155.00
This includes arrangement of a Memorial Service at a Church or other facility and/or for the interment of cremated remains at a cemetery or mausoleum of your choice. This fee does not include the presence of Funeral Director and staff at the service or burial.
This includes removal, care and temporary shelter, Refrigeration and necessary authorizations, necessary services of the Funeral Director and staff, and local transportation to the cemetery. We do not use any plastics in this type of service. This does not include any rites or ceremonies or cash advances, e.g. cemetery fees.
- A. Immediate burial with casket provided by purchaser $1920.00
- B. Immediate burial with Bio degradable casket $2940.00
- C. Green Vault, is a vault that is designed to allow the casket to degrade but maintain the integrity of the grave. $1700.00
Vaults are required in most cemeteries and are not included in this cost.
This includes removal, care and temporary shelter, Refrigeration and necessary authorizations, necessary services of the Funeral Director and staff, and local transportation to the cemetery. This does not include any rites or ceremonies or cash advances, e.g. cemetery fees.
- A. Immediate burial with casket provided by purchaser $2920.00
- B. Immediate burial with cloth covered wood casket $34800.00
- C. Immediate burial with casket selected from our funeral home* $2920.00
*This does not include the cost of the casket. Vaults are required in most cemeteries and are not included in this cost.
Our charge for a direct cremation without any attendant rite or ceremony includes removal, care and temporary shelter, necessary services of the Funeral Director and staff, refrigeration, authorizations, transportation to the crematory, and cremation fee. If you want to arrange a direct cremation, you can use an alternative container. Alternative containers encase the body and can be made out of materials like fiberboard or composite materials (with or without an outside covering). The containers we provide are listed here.
- A. Direct cremation with container provided by the purchaser $1900.00
- B. Direct cremation with alternative cremation container $1950.00
- C. Direct cremation with casket selected from our funeral home* $1900.00 *(This cost is in addition to the cost of the casket)
- D. Family viewing prior to cremation $150.00
- E. ME Fee $60.00
Our charges for international shipping includes removal, embalming, dressing, casketing, 20 gauge metal casket, shipping container TSA inspection all documents, permits and transportation to the Airport. Does not include flight.
- Flight from Boston 5840.00
- Flight from NY 6920.00
- Documents from receiving Country 350.00
Our charge for this service includes the process and transportation
- Caskets $790.00 to $9800.00
- Rental Casket Ashford $850.00
- Outer burial containers $1150.00to $8200.00
- Cremation containers and caskets $150.00 to $4600.00
- Cremation Urns $130.00 to $2900.00
Memorial Package $140.00
This includes the register book and cards.
The Michaud Funeral Home will Charge a 1.5% service charge on
all insurance assignments that are accepted as payment for the
Payments made by credit card.
All credit card payment are subject to a charge of 2% of the total